The holidays are approaching quickly. For newcomers seeking help at this time of year, please make sure that your group meeting information is correct.
Ask yourself and your group, “What did I need when I went to my first meeting?” Specific location or login instructions about your meeting can be helpful to a newcomer attending Al‑Anon/Alateen for the first time. We want everyone to feel welcome in our Al‑Anon and Alateen meetings!
- Has the group’s temporary electronic meeting information been removed from your group record if you’re back to meeting in person? Is it current? If not, go to al-anon.org/temp-elc-mtg-change-form to update.
- Is there a special door to gain access to the building or a room number for the Al‑Anon/Alateen meeting?
- Are there passwords or login instructions needed to join the Al‑Anon/Alateen meeting electronically?
- Is there a sign on the door or chat notice to alert people if your group won’t be meeting that week? (For example, “Not meeting on Thanksgiving.”)
- Is there a volunteer from the group to be a “Greeter” for those attending your Al‑Anon meeting for the first time?
Submit your Al‑Anon group changes online anytime throughout the year. For help with submitting Alateen changes, contact your Area Alateen Process Person.
The Forum, October 2022
Feel free to reprint this article on your service arm website or newsletter, along with this credit line: Reprinted with permission of The Forum, Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA.