Alateen is for young people whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. Sometimes the active drinking has stopped, or the active drinker may not live with us anymore. Even though the alcohol may be gone, and the alcoholic gone or recovering in AA, we are still affected. Many of us have received help from Alateen or Al-Anon. The following questions are to help you decide whether or not Alateen is for you.
1. Do you believe no one could possibly understand how you feel?
2. Do you cover up your real feelings by pretending you don’t care?
3. Do you feel neglected, uncared for, or unloved?
4. Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else’s drinking or what’s happening in your home?
5. Do you stay out of the house as much as possible because you hate it there?
If you have answered “Yes” to any of these questions, Alateen may help you.