A place just for teens affected by someone else’s alcoholism.
What is Alateen?
Alateen is a place where members come together to:
- share experiences, strength, and hope with each other to find effective ways to cope with problems.
- discuss difficulties and encourage one another
- help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program through the use of the Twelve Steps and Alateen’s Twelve Traditions
Alateen is not a place:
- For teenagers seeking help for drinking or drug problems or a therapy program
- to complain about parents or anyone else.
- A social hangout.
Alcohol addiction can have devastating effects on families; 5 things caregivers can do to help.
Alcohol addiction can have devastating effects on families; 5 things caregivers
“Together We Can Make It!”
I have been part of Alateen for five years, and I am extremely grateful for that. I have
National Recovery Month Can Include Families In Recovery
National Recovery Month Can Include Families In Recovery In September, the
I No Longer Feel Like I Am Drowning
My dad has always been a drinker, but it always seemed bearable when I was growing up. Throughout
The Effects of the Family Disease of Alcoholism on Children
Sis Wenger, President/CEO of the National Association for Children of Addiction (NACoA), took time to share with the
In Lieu of a Cure
I sometimes think of Al‑Anon meetings as an emergency room or infirmary where I can get treatment for
Alateen has helped me by giving me the family that I was lacking. The Alateen program gives me
One Day at a Time
With the help of Alateen I can live focused on one day at a time. The meetings help
The Drinking Was a Horrible Secret
When a diagnosis confirmed that my father was an alcoholic, he went away to a treatment facility and