Consider having a discussion in your Al‑Anon meetings on the following topics:
- Reaching out to local Alateen Group Sponsors or Alateen members to inquire if they have sufficient Conference Approved Literature (CAL) to support their meeting.
- Welcoming teenagers into the Al‑Anon meeting whether there is an Alateen meeting or not.
- Inviting an Alateen speaker to participate in your Al‑Anon group anniversary or special celebrations.
- Having the Al‑Anon group consider passing the basket on a regular basis to support Alateen.
- Consider the idea of suggesting an Alateen fundraiser at a District event, Area Assembly, or Area World Service Committee (AWSC) meeting.
- Suggest the Group Representative (GR) take the topics discussed to the District meeting.
It can sometimes be difficult for Alateen groups to become fully self-supporting. This is where Al‑Anon members and groups can help. “Together We Can Make It!”