ARTICLE IX ~ MEETINGS
- The annual meeting of the Board of Trustees shall be held within twenty-four hours of the closing of the World Service Conference in April of each year at such place as is designated by the Board of Trustees, except when special circumstances warrant a change of date of the Conference.
- Regular meetings of the Board of Trustees shall be held in January, April, July and October at a time and place designated by the Chairperson.
- If all the Trustees consent thereto generally or in respect of a particular meeting, a Trustee may participate in a meeting of the Board or of a committee of the Board by means of such conference telephone or other communications facilities as permit all persons participating in the meeting to hear each other, and a Trustee participating in such a meeting by such means is deemed to be present at the meeting.
- Special meetings of the Board of Trustees may be called by the Chairperson at any time. In addition, the Chairperson shall call a special meeting as soon as reasonably practical upon the written application of three Trustees or upon the written application of the Chairperson of the Executive Committee for the transaction of such business as may be described in such application. The written application hereunder may be made by electronic means.
- Notice of each meeting of the Board of Trustees shall be given to the Trustees at least fourteen days before such meeting if given to the Trustees by postal mail or forty-eight hours if given by electronic means. Trustees may waive notice of meetings by executing appropriate waivers.
- A majority of the Trustees present at a meeting shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at such meeting. Each Trustee shall have one vote. The vote of the majority of the Trustees present at the time of the vote, if a quorum is then present, shall be the act of the Board of Trustees, except as otherwise provided by law. In the absence of a quorum, a majority of the Trustees present may adjourn the meeting from time to time until a quorum is obtained.
- Interim actions of the Board of Trustees may be taken without a meeting with the unanimous consent of the Trustees. Such consent may be written or electronic. Interim actions shall be formally approved at the next meeting of the Board of Trustees.
- Any member unable to attend any meeting of the Board shall give advance notice of the absence to the Chairperson or Secretary of the Board and indicate the reason for the absence. Any member who fails to attend two or more meetings per year for reasons deemed inadequate by the Board shall be subject to dismissal by the Board as described in Article IV.11. For the purposes of this paragraph, the Board of Trustees’ meetings during the World Service Conference shall be deemed to be one meeting.
- Unless otherwise determined by the Chairperson, the order of business at all meetings shall be as follows:
a) Calling of roll;
b) Approval of minutes;
c) Report of Treasurer;
d) Committee reports and communications;
e) Elections (if such action is scheduled for such meetings);
f) New Business.