- In 1966, the sixth World Service Conference unanimously approved publishing a book of daily readings.
- The Chairperson of the Literature Committee at the time compiled, edited and wrote some of the content of One Day at a Time in Al-Anon to submit for review.
- Like almost all of our Conference Approved Literature, the book was a collaborative effort of many members.
- The third printing, in 1970, included an index. The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions were added to the back in 1973, and the Concepts of Service were added in 1992.
- In 1978, the Conference passed a motion prohibiting any changes to the book without majority approval of the full Conference.
- The one-millionth copy was published in 1980. The five-millionth copy was published in 1998.
A keepsake 50th Anniversary printing of the book with a commemorative cover and gold ribbon was introduced at the Al-Anon International Convention in July. The text remains unchanged. This special printing is available for $15.00 US while supplies last.