SLT presented updates on the 2022 Strategies to the Board. Additionally, SLT presented to the Board that they had identified, after thorough and thoughtful discussion, the need to either postpone or reduce the scope of the current Strategies. The adjustments to the Strategies are being made based on capacity of WSO Staff and resources.
The following Strategies will be reduced in scope:
- CAL Globally in All Languages
- Updated and Translated Guidelines
- Alateen Electronic Meetings
- Animations/Cartoons via Social Media
The following Strategies will be postponed:
- Electronic Payments from Al-Anon Family Groups
- Member Guidance Regarding Bequests
- Phase 2 of the Online Store Upgrade
In addition to their regular responsibilities, here are some of the special projects WSO Staff are working on:
- New Daily Reader (including translation)
- Translation of the Service Manual
- Electronic Meeting Transformation
- 2023 International Convention
- 2022 Road Trip!
- IAGSM in London
- First Longitudinal Study
It is amazing how much work is done by the Staff at the WSO. The back of each Quarterly Appeal Letter is a great place to see a more inclusive list of services provided by the WSO. Another resource is the Annual Report, which is the yearly update on what happens at the WSO. The Annual Report can be downloaded by clicking here: 2021 Annual Report.