Every year, each Area in the World Service Conference Structure is required to take part in the Annual Alateen Recertification process in order to continue using the Alateen name, as explained in the Alateen Policy and The 2003 Alateen Motion from the Board of Trustees.
The recertification process is important because it allows the WSO:
- To verify that every registered Alateen group has:
- Current Area-certified Al‑Anon Members Involved in Alateen Service (AMIAS) as Group Sponsor(s).
- A current Area-certified AMIAS who can serve as the Current Mailing Address (CMA) for the Alateen group.
- A current Area-certified AMIAS who can serve as a Phone Contact for the Public.
- To verify the current certification of all AMIAS.
The Annual Alateen Recertification begins in March and ends on June 30!
Read more about the Alateen Policy in the 2018-2021 Al‑Anon/Alateen Service Manual (P-24/27) beginning on page 93.
Contact your Area Alateen Coordinator, Area Alateen Process Person, or District Representative to verify the process in your Area. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share your recovery with teens and younger members!